DaisyGem | Accessories - Necklaces, Earrings, Bracelets, Rings, Clutches DaisyGem | Accessories - Necklaces, Earrings, Bracelets, Rings, Clutches

Monday, July 15, 2013

Demi Lovato Covers August 2013 Issue Of Cosmopolitan Magazine

 Demi Lovato is giving us her sexy side on the cover of Cosmopolitan Magazine's August 2013 Issue and I'd say this is probably her sexiest cover! I really LOVE the entire shoot from her hair and flawless makeup and of course the fashion. Demi opens up about her mental illness which I think is great because she is encouraging others to speak up as well and stardom! She is such an inspiring woman not only to me but TONS of girls across the nation, take a look below and enjoy the spread! XO Andrea

On overcoming bulimia and cutting:
"I'm not super religious, but I grew up Christian and I believe in God. When I'm in L.A., I don't talk about it that much because people are very judgmental, but I just feel like God gave me a voice, not just to sing with. He put me through those things, which seemed horrible at the time, but they were so worth it. With the obstacles I've overcome, I can help people."

On her "Warrior" lyrics:
"My family knows what it's about. When I'm ready to open up that subject with the outside world, then I'll be free to talk about it. But right now, it's kind of one of those things where the lyrics speak for me. It's all in the song."

On the kind of star she's aiming to be:
"When I look at someone who's out there partying excessively or rappers rapping about doing drugs, who people look up to, and think, Oh that's a G; that's a gangster. I think, You're actually being a giant pain. Sorry, but those rockers in the '80s were the furthest thing from rock stars. They were so insecure and so lonely that they had to do these things to get them through the day. If you're spending your entire early 20s chasing the next party, what are you running away from? That's not a badass. What's a badass is when you can sit through your problems and feel emotions when you don't want to have them. There have been nights where I've had to sit on my hands, because I want to act out, because I physically can't sit still in the pain I'm dealing with, from looking back and being bullied or other things that happened. And now, as hard as it may be, I will do that. That's what makes me a badass. Being a badass is handling your shit."

On her first gig on Barney & Friends:
“At the time, I was just so grateful to be on TV, but I was also really struggling. Looking back, there was a connection, probably between any kid who’s ever sang that song to Barney, a little place in a child’s heart, a void, that could be filled. And maybe Barney fills it. I’ve talked about being bullied and the years of being a teenager, but I went through things when I was younger that I’ve never talked about that probably caused me to turn out the way I ended up turning out.”

For More Visit Cosmopolitan!




No comments:

Post a Comment